Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day



Today is Father's Day and I certainly miss my father. But it doesn't take a special day for me to miss Daddy, I miss him every day. It's hard to believe that it has been 12 years since he passed away. It just goes to show how quickly time flies by and it is a reminder that we need to nurture the relationships that is important to us as they will not always be there.

I am constantly aware that time is slipping by quickly and there is still so much that I want to do. I keep wishing that Vito would quite this foolishness about being president of his Italian club. It takes so much time and I believe it is only feeding his ego and that is what it really is about. I don't have a problem with him belonging to a cultural club, but this involves me and so much time, energy and ultimately money is spent on nothing in reality. Does any of those people really care? NO! Would they be there for him in an emergency or sickness? NO! Yet he puts all this time in and for what? Only to wake up down the road and then we will be too old to do anything. I really despise this club as I feel it is robbing me of valuable time in my life.

I think about those things as I remember Daddy telling me how in a flash, you are old and too old and sick to do the things you want to do. Here I am, wasting my life so Vito can feed his ego. Something is seriously wrong with this picture.

Instead, we should be nurturing our life together and really thinking about our future and where we should go from here.

Our house looks about as good as it is ever going to look and we pay such high taxes here, we could probably sell this place and move somewhere where we could enjoy life, and not just be a slave to a house and a club.

To bad my husband would rather nurture a fantasy instead of reality. Too bad we don't take care of each other as well as we take care of our yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment