Saturday, June 20, 2009

Blueberries


















The berries are plump and sweet and I love them. Not only are they tasty but they are so good for us as well.

So as one could imagine, I have been eating these things until my teeth look dingy. Even my Hannah, my dog has been eating them and she loves them too. Vito didn't even want dinner last night, he wanted cereal with blueberries.

Today we bottled wine with big Mike. That was fun and of course we had a good bit of wine drink as well. Vito had a little much and he has been snoozing it off for a while.

So I decided that since there were so my blueberries, I needed to do something with them, so I made a pie this afternoon. My house still smells wonderful, with the scent of hot blueberry pie.

I started thinking about how wonderful my berries are and really everything we grow. There is no surprise as we tend to our fruit and vegetables, weeding the garden, giving it plenty of compost for nutrients, and of course making sure it gets plenty of water. Isn't it ashamed people don't often tend to their relationships as well? Think how they would flourish if people tended to other people with such love.

Well it's time to go eat a little blueberry pie.



No comments:

Post a Comment