Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

I haven't written anything for a long time, as many months I felt as though my garden of life was in a drought. Every day things in my life just had seemed to be lacking life and quite honestly I was in the mid of a deep depression for many months. To top it off, I have not been happy in my work, although grateful for a job during this economy, it is not happy work and the people I work with are not very nice, making it miserable to be there. Then I would come home, and my marriage had hit a rough spot as well, leaving me with a trapped feeling and no where to go to be or feel that I had a safe peaceful haven. Then the icing on the cake, I started having severe heart palpitations and extreme vertigo, not to mention suffering from exhaustion.

So from June until November, life was pretty hard to take, but things have started to turn the corner a little. My job still sucks, but Vito and I are getting along better and that makes it nice to be home. I would still love to be living in Santa Fe or somewhere that I like better, but if I must be in Jersey, at least being home is more pleasant as it should be.

Today is Thanksgiving, and I have been thinking a lot about all the things I have to be thankful for, and there is great deal. Vito went last week with Giancarlo to feed the homeless, and we are going to start going every other Sunday. We are collecting coats and sweaters as there is an entire homeless tent city in Camden, all ages of people with no food, no home, very little to keep them warm. It is a sin that there are so many people in the world in this situation. I want to do something, and charity starts at home and in your own community. So today I feel very thankful to have a wonderful dinner, a warm house, decent clothing, family and friends, a wonderful little dog, and a job. No matter how much I'd rather have a different job, it is a job none the less and it puts money in the bank every week.

So, my life like a garden, needed tending, needed to be nurtured and that I started to do and I feel my life is flourishing with blessings today.

No comments:

Post a Comment